It’s time to upgrade my system! Everything! Or not really because some parts are just shuffled around.
Here’s the planned final state.
Home / Server
- System: Dell PowerEdge T110 II
- Processor: Intel Xeon E3-1230v2
- DDR3 PC3-12800 ECC UDIMM 8Gio x4
- PCI cards:
- SATA Controller / LSI SAS 9212-4i
- Ethernet Controller / Realtek 8111
- 2×5.25″ to 3×3.5″ HDD Converter Bay / Century iStarUSA BPN-DE230SS-BK
- Seagate 600 SSD 240Go
- SanDisk Ultra II SSD 240Go
- Western Digital Red HDD 6To x5 (or 6?)
New all in one server replacing current combination of Microserver and Z210 SFF.
Home / Desktop
- System: Custom built
- Case: SilverStone Micro ATX SST-PS07B
- Power supply: Antec Green 650W / EA-650-GREEN
- Motherboard: ASRock AB350M Pro4
- Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 1700
- DDR4 PC4-19200 ECC UDIMM 16Gio x2
- VGA: ASUS GeForce GTX950 / GTX950-2G
- Optical drive: TSST (Toshiba Samsung) DVD-ROM 16x
- Crucial MX300 SSD 525Go
- Samsung 840 SSD 250Go
- Western Digital Blue HDD 250Go x2
Now with 100% more modern everything. No, just new processor/motherboard/RAM.
The VGA and SSD can use better upgrade but those will do for now.
Office / Server
- System: HP Z210 CMT
- Processor: Intel Xeon E3-1235
- DDR3 PC3-10600 ECC UDIMM 4Gio x2
- DDR3 PC3-10600 ECC UDIMM 2Gio x2
- 1×5.25″ to 1×3.5″ HDD Converter Bay / Century iStarUSA BPN-DE110SS-SV
- Transcend SSD370 SSD 512Go
- Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500Go
- Seagate 7200.10 (or 11?) HDD 3To x5 (4 connected due to lack of SATA ports)
Processor is upgraded from E3-1225 but RAM is downgraded from 20Gio total.
Office / Desktop
- System: HP Z210 SFF
- Processor: Intel Xeon E3-1270
- DDR3 PC3-10600 ECC UDIMM 8Gio x4
- VGA: MSI GT730
- PCI cards:
- USB 3 Controller / Inateck 2 Ports USB3
- Optical drive: HP DVD-RW 16x?
- Crucial MX300 SSD 275Go
- Seagate Barracuda HDD 250Go x2
Another victim here. The RAM is now ECC but the VGA is downgraded far from GTX660 which I’m moving to somewhere far away.
Now I look again there’s possibility the current drive structure plan to not work because of compatibility problem. I will need to figure that out later and shuffle the drives around as need. I should’ve taken memo of the compatibility problems I encountered.