As I’m too lazy to keep the other domain, this blog who nobody visits have changed the domain once again back to blog.myconan.net. animebsd.net will not be extended after next year. I’ll keep looking on access to old domain and to make sure no one accidentally visits this blog using wrong domain.
It now supports paste deletion. Only via web rendered properly for now.
Inb4 feature creep.
Hmm. Also, happy world’s end.
[ Torrent ]
This blog has been updated to WordPress 3.5. Initial impressions:
- everything is less rounded now
- Twenty Twelve (the new theme) sucks for following reasons:
- uses custom font: causes this blog unreadable until fonts are loaded (at least in chrome)
- image header: positioned below navigation menu (and the header text is above the menu)
- no more search bar in navigation menu
- the new media uploader looks useful
Overall there isn’t much change (what should I expect here) but the new theme sucks. At least to be used on this blog.
With my move to a better VPS, I changed some things on 0paste:
- MRI Ruby 1.9.3
Worked quite well and much easier to maintain.
The third one. A bit better and less dark than PV 02. As usual, ripped from main website.
[ Torrent ]
I decided to mess around with Zeropaste and added some “features”:
- Show paste in plaintext (fixed width) and Markdown
- Allows displaying paste in fixed width instead of full/auto
- Setting mode and width based on url
- Automatically updating url based on selected mode and width
0paste.com has been updated accordingly, including Rubinius 2.0.0rc1.
Now you can read glopping Asuna in convenient fixed width markdown (NSFW).
…one does not simply run both PHP and Rails applications (and MySQL) in single 128 MB box.
This is what happens if you try doing it. Swapping all the time. Hopefully Debian will fare better but it means I’ll need to reinstall the box again. I’ll do a test run in my local machine first though as not to waste my time doing backup/restore again like today.
Tonight, when trying to compile Rubinius with Rubinius, I got some errors and wanted to report to relevant party. As usual, the log of what happened is required so I used my usual pastebin – pastie.org to send the logs. But then I noticed that the “Raw” link in it doesn’t provide an actual raw file anymore. What the fuck. It is now a html disguised as txt.
So I decided to whip up a new pastebin (because the world need one more pastebin) which doesn’t have any actual features (like tag highlighting, etc). I also learned the way to create shortest RESTful path possible (read: ‘/’).
There may or may not be more features coming. Developed in Rubinius because I can. Using mysql because of where it’ll be deployed at (see below).
I’ll get around deploying this soon after reinstalling VPS running this blog to Ubuntu or Debian. Running yum in a 128 MB box is suffering.
[ Source Code ]